I made a video to explain what will be happening at the Thacker Pass court hearing on Thursday, January 5 at 10 AM Pacific in Reno. It’s really important that everyone understands how limited legal victories are in these kinds of cases. Even if we win, we’ll almost certainly be fighting to protect Thacker Pass for years to come. This is not a reason to give up. If we’re going to win, though, we must understand the limited nature of law as a tool in public land mining cases.
- How much land must be sacrificed to feed our addiction to energy?
- “The purpose of regulatory permitting is to organize and legalize the destruction of the planet.”
- The law will not protect the land
- Neocolonialism: Pillaging the Earth for the ‘Climate’
- Water Protectors Sued by Mining Company Ask Court to Dismiss Case