We are required to adhere to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines, as well as all state and local requirements surrounding this pandemic. Above and beyond that, the health and safety of everyone involved in the blockade is our top priority, and we are committed to providing a safe and cooperative setting for this campaign.
In order to comply with regulations and in an effort to maximize safety, please commit to keeping yourself safe in the weeks leading up to joining us at the blockade, and throughout the duration of your stay. It would be a tradedy for us and for Thacker Pass to have someone fall ill.
We require strict adherence to these protocols to provide the safest possible experience for everyone:
1. Drive a personal vehicle to the encampment. Do not travel on airlines to PTP or in the two weeks prior your arrival.
2. Social distance for two weeks leading up to your arrival and stay home as much as possible.
3. Wear a mask whenever leaving your home, and practive rigorous hygiene including hand washing, not touching your face, using hand sanitizer, etc.
4. DO NOT COME if you have come into contact with someone with COVID-19 in the two weeks leading up to your arrival, and/or you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 including fever or chills, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, cough, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, congestion, loss of sense of taste and smell, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
5. Commit to keeping 6 feet of space between yourself and others while you are at the blockade. Avoid hugs, handshakes and touching.
6. Commit to wearing a mask if circumstances require you and another person to be closer than 6 feet from one another or any time you are indoors and/or preparing food.
7. Commit to practicing safe hygiene by frequently washing hands, using hand sanitizer, and not sharing food, utensils and other objects.
8. Diligently cover sneezes, coughs, robust laughter, etc.
9. Commit to leaving if you become ill.
We are relying on you to keep your agreement to follow the COVID-19 guidelines in the two weeks prior to joining the blockade. Not keeping this agreement could put yourself and our entire Protect Thacker Pass community at risk. Take this agreement seriously and follow through. It is an incredibly important piece of the success of our campaign. Thank you!
If you fail to follow camp rules or abide by Covid Safety Protocols, you will be asked to leave.
Want to get involved?
As a movement for the health of our earth, the people that live here, and the health of the ecosystems necessary for life of any kind on this planet, we are always expanding, growing, learning, and resisting. If you feel called to help Thacker Pass and/or help with related actions, we would love to hear from you!