On Friday, March 19, members of the Fort McDermitt Paiute Shoshone tribe and other indigenous folks finished a 273 mile prayer walk at Thacker Pass. The prayer walk concluded with ceremony and prayers for Thacker Pass and all exploited lands around the world. Many members of the Fort McDermitt Paiute Shoshone tribe oppose the proposed Thacker Pass open pit lithium mine and feel like they were never offered adequate consultation about the mine. Local folks are also concerned about man camps and the inevitable violence against women that follows mining projects such as these.
- Please donate to help support our legal work!
- Electric Cars and Oil Both Accelerate Us Towards Ecological Collapse: From Line 3 to Thacker Pass
- Native Americans Enter Legal Battle Against Thacker Pass Lithium Mine
- We are heading towards a future of massively increased mining if we cannot change direction
- Judge to decide whether lithium mine activity can move forward as Fort McDermitt tribal members, Reno-Sparks Indian Colony seek to intervene
- Electric Cars and Oil Both Accelerate Us Towards Ecological Collapse: From Line 3 to Thacker Pass on
- Native Americans Enter Legal Battle Against Thacker Pass Lithium Mine on
- The National Congress of American Indians Passes Resolution In Support of Protection of Thacker Pass on
- Prayer Run Video: Steens Mountain to Thacker Pass on
- People of Red Mountain Petition and Fundraiser – please sign! on