The Nevada Department of Environmental Protection hosted an informational meeting about the public participation process coming up for two state air and water permits that Lithium Nevada still needs for their proposed Thacker Pass open pit mine. An NDEP employee told us he doesn’t remember NDEP denying an air or water permit in his 25 years of experience. This is completely common around the country and means we have to talk about how to stop the mine if government regulatory agencies won’t.
- “The purpose of regulatory permitting is to organize and legalize the destruction of the planet.”
- The law will not protect the land
- Neocolonialism: Pillaging the Earth for the ‘Climate’
- Water Protectors Sued by Mining Company Ask Court to Dismiss Case
- Lithium Americas works to distance itself from Argentine human rights abuses