Why are we protesting?
Because we envision
- A world in which we prioritize the health of future generations.
- A world in which we live in harmony with the natural world, rather than relying on extraction.
- A world in which blowing up a mountain for lithium is just as unacceptable as blowing up a mountain for coal.
Nevada is the driest state in the USA, yet the mine plans to use 2,600 acre-feet (850 million gallons of water) per year in phase one, and 5,200 acre-feet (1.7 billion gallons or water) per year in phase 2.
What do we want?
- We want people to understand that lithium mining is as dirty as coal mining.
- We want to stop Lithium Americas from physically disturbing Thacker Pass.
- We want the world to know what is happening here.
Protect Thacker Pass works in support of and in solidarity with the People of Red Mountain.
Want to get involved?
As a movement for the health of our earth, the people that live here, and the health of the ecosystems necessary for life of any kind on this planet, we are always expanding, growing, learning, and resisting. If you feel called to help Thacker Pass and/or help with related actions, we would love to hear from you!